Well I actually found the beginning of this blog when I was searching for something else. A very pleasant surprise I must say. I had revisited my plan to blog regularly and was playing around with the idea when WordPress kindly informed me I already had a blog. The theme, the colours, the style were all still exactly what I wanted so what could I lose by updating a little and starting the long planned but delayed journey?
So I guess I should summarise what I have been doing since 2018 when I first started creating this blog (thanks to WordPress for saving it!) Here is the short version of the story:
- Retired from work. No more alarm clock! Yay!
- Moved from Tasmania to South Australia to be closer to family. Loving the winters here but I struggle to cope with the summer heat.
- Enjoyed getting to know my new community. Joined a local church and a local dog club.
- At last after being on waiting lists for years my long awaited Irish Setter puppy (Connor) arrived. Big plans to compete with her but…
- Covid arrived. Locked down. So I trained Connor at home and wrote a novel.
- The novel is called “The Other Side of the Ocean” and is published by Booktrail Agency and available through them. It’s also available on Amazon.
- When things started to open up again I started competing with Connor, she had an extra year of training while we were locked down and it shows. She loves her work and is shining in the competition arena. But her favourite thing to do is to run run run on the beach. She is tireless! Love her to bits!
- Retirement started to get a bit boring so I have almost finished another novel- titled “Finding Faith” – a work of fiction based on my experiences working in Child Protection. I have also been working on a proofreading course.
- Currently learning to create and manage an affiliate marketing business online. Retiring? What’s that?
- Last of all-updated and started working on this blog. But you already know that!